It’s black, bohemian and 70s vibe
No matter what life throws at us, being able to adapt while still maintaining your own style is what makes you unique. Personal style it’s not just about making a good impression, but approaching each day with confidence to feel comfortable and beautiful in what we are wearing.
I used love experimenting with different styles when I was younger trying to figure out who I was and what my style was, which I’m still doing. I’m getting there, and it feels like I’m on the right path now. I grew up in 90s, so my style icons were the Spice Girls, Britney Spears and the Destiny Child. Just to mention a few of them. I could go from the girly girl with pink and flower dresses one day, then saggy pants and a crop top to copy the girls in the hip hop music videos the next day. As growing up in Norway, where many months were spent in the cold weather, most of the outfits had to be adapted to the cold winter. One of the best seasons, is when Spring arrives. Everyone would blossom in their own induvial style. This is the perfect season to update the warderobe.
For the past years, I’ve been travelling and disovering new beautiful places that inspires me to be open, and to appreciate what I have and to live in the present. I’m learning about myself every day, and my individual style is what brings my personality to shine on the outside. As I have background as a make-up artist, I’ve also learned how to complete my style with a make-up look and hair style that enhances my beauty. It all has to a have a balance. Not too much, but yet enough to bring out the best version of me. If I would describe my own personal style at the moment, it would be that bohemian 70s feeling with black as my basic colour.
Some of my style inspirations are
Check out my 70s Boho Vibes inspo Pinterests board for more style inspirations.
I love these Fashion Quotes
” Style is definitely a combination of place, occasion, surroundings body and mood.” – SiennaMiller
” Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.” – Rachel Zoe
“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
Brands and shopping website I love
I love vintage shops. Unique and pre-loved clothes and accessories. I also enjoy going to markets to look at what local designers has to offer. Often these are hand-made with love.
I have put together two outfits for day and night
MY FASHION TIPS ON HOW YOU CAN FIND YOUR OWN STYLE
- Cleaning out your closet: Take a look at what you have in your closet. If you haven’t worn it in the last year, sell it or give it to someone who might need this more.
- To seek inspiration, go on social media read magazines and look around you. There is style anywhere. The key is to mix what you are inspired by and make it your own.
- When shopping on sale, think twice before you get it. Even though it’s a good price, doesn’t mean it’s going to be valuable for your closet. A big shopping tip for sale is to ask yourself; would you buy it if it wasn’t on sale?
- It doesn’t matter what dress size you are, as long as you find something to wear that bring out the best assets of you. This will make you glow of confidence.
- Love love accessories. Find something that will compliment your outfit, or maybe you want to make a big statement by wearing something unique, or you could use make-up to finish up your look. Red lips or Smokey eyes does wonders.
One last tips. Ask for help. Professional help by a stylist can take you further into you own personal style. By letting someone who is good at their job to help you to discover, be inspired and to bring out the personal style that makes you, you.
I would definitely recommend one of ID Couture’s stylists for guidance.
By Atifa Castillo Khani